Thursday, April 9, 2009

party like it's passover...

we had a very low key Passover this year at my parents house. Traci and Scott went to Scott's sister's so it was just us and Mike, who even wore a yamaka! too funny

and since my family is not exactly photo happy I was the only one taking pictures and I forgot my camera so I just snapped a couple with my iPhone, which also means I am not in any of the pictures but that is OK because I wasn't exactly all dressed up LOL.

we all did have a really good time - I especially thought the (mini) Seder my Dad did was really cool even though Jen interjected to tell us all about Moses but was wrong HA!

Here is the Seder Plate...
Photobucket

I took a picture of the table but it wasn't set up very fancy because we needed a lot of room for the massive amounts of amazing food my mom made...
Photobucket

Everyone except me and Mabel :(
Photobucket

Photobucket

Course 1 - Matzo Ball Soup - oh yeah!!!
Photobucket

Course 2 is usually Gifilte Fish and Chopped Liver but we skipped it this year (much to my delight) - my mom made sweet and sour Turkey Meatballs but they were not picture worthy

Course 3 was Brisket, Salt + Pepper Kugel, Kasha + Bowties, Steamed and marinated asparagus, sauteed broccoli and more matzo (whole wheat and regular)...
Photobucket

Course 4 was Dessert - didn't take any pictures but it was goood! we had coconut based ice cream (dairy free), it was chocolate peanut butter swirl, my mom made a fresh berry sauce and there were two different types of macaroons. it didn't hurt that we pulled out the Kahlua (not so sure about that being Kosher for Passover but I think Elijah will forgive us) to pour over it.

and for me - I drank mostly Chardonnay but switched up to this yummy concoction at the end of the night - Stoli Vanilla, Kahlua, Rice Milk and a touch of Soy Creamer - OMG I could drink way tooooo many of these Photobucket

My mom and I taught Jen and Mike how to play Maj Jong - I totally should have taken some pics of that - I think Mike is hooked!

No comments: