Her Matzo Balls are a whole other experience - she doesn't use a pre-made mix and has a secret recipe that requires the matzo ball batter to sit overnight - they are fluffy yet dense at the same time - not hard or baseball like which happens to so many people.
This past Saturday K and I spent the day at my parents house hanging out and my mom started teaching me her soup and matzo ball recipe - we have to do it in stages b/c the soup alone takes almost 4 hours.
Here are most of the ingredients out ready to get peeled / prepped ...

The huge pot of soup starting to cook...

and the finished product just before straining...

now we have to make some Matzo Balls - that is Part 2.
This is absolutely hands down my favorite part of Passover - my mom's Matzo Ball soup - I could eat it all the time - hhhmmmmm add some whole wheat Matzo on the side - heaven.
love,
A
1 comment:
I've never had Matzo Ball Soup, but it does look and sound tasty!
Post a Comment