
Today is our Anniversary - 6 years ago on 9/5/03 we had our first 'real' date - It was a Friday night and I knew within a couple of hours that something had just happened that was going to change my life. I'll never forget that strange feeling I had when I went into the ladies room at Restaurante Panorama and shut my phone off - I didn't want to be bothered by any distractions or interference from the outside world and was excited about focusing all my attention on Kareem.
We have pretty much been together every day since and last year on 9/5/08 (another Friday night) - five years to the day of our first date, we became husband and wife! Our wedding was so beautiful and amazing - set on the Big Island of Hawaii with 40 of our closest friends and family - it was perfect!
Today, we look back over all of our adventures, memories and challenges and celebrate the wonderful relationship we have built - settling into our new home, watching the baby belly grow and awaiting his/her arrival in January. A LOT has changed but I am grateful for all the ups and downs as we have only become stronger, more connected and fallen more deeply in love with each other as the days, months and years have gone by.
I love you Kareem - thank you for making me a better person and continuing to inspire me, challenge me and love me just for me.
xoxoxo
A
No comments:
Post a Comment