Tuesday, July 21, 2009

marriage + baby = suburbs

more changes are afoot!

Most people who know me know that not only do I love change but I thrive in it - I love new things, organizing, decorating, exploring...K on the other hand thrives on stability and routine so while he is super excited about having a shorter commute and using his BBB'ing skills in the new backyard, he is not as amped as me about moving!

We are moving to NJ - yes, you heard me right - New Jersey, over the bridge, Dirty Jerz, South Jersey, the Burbs. hahaha

Kareem and I have been city dwellers for a long time...we are used to having everything at our front door and being able to walk anywhere in the city! Thankfully we are only moving 10 minutes away and to a great town where we can still walk to restaurants, shops, convenience stores and public transportation. We are not ready for "real suburbs" where you can't walk anywhere and have to get in your transportation unit to do anything outside of your house - lol!

Mabel hates change too so she is already anxious since we started packing and moving things around in the house - she does N-O-T like it.

No comments: