Saturday, April 25, 2009

Theme Dinners - Morocco

Last night was our 2nd Theme Dinner and this time Jenna + Poe hosted on their outdoor patio - it was really pretty but a bit dark and all lit by candles - none of us thought to take any pictures and the camera phones were not quite cutting it by candlelight...so I am re-creating the dishes with photos from the web ;). The theme was...

Photobucket



We started out with some snacks and our old trusty friend Photobucket - the perfect summer Chardonnay and we all especially like it because it is organically produced and very affordable!

Jenna and Poe made a traditional Chicken Tangine Photobucket Jenna got the Tangine a while ago from Stephanie and has been dying to use it - the one she has is much prettier than this picture!

Renee made an awesome Moroccan spiced Brisket with Apricots, Parsnips and Onions in the slow cooker Photobucket, not only was it yummy but you have to give her props just for bringing such a complicated dish with a 4.5 month old and a full time job!

Not my greatest culinary achievement but I made some Saffron Couscous Photobucket with herbs and onions.

Jen and Dima came for dessert and brought a yummy mix of Baklava, Burma and some type of fancy Almonds Photobucket .

I really need to get better at making sure to take pictures - Van is getting sooooo big and he is absolutely adorable - next time is "Mexico" and I promise I am taking photos of everyone and everything! :)


No comments: