Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentine's Day and our awesome tradition...

It's Valentine's Day again!!!
I love VDay because it is a great excuse for Kareem and I to escape somewhere together and it is a holiday focused on love and romance - seriously what is better than love and some romance??

and who cares if it is a Hallmark holiday? wouldn't you rather take advantage of celebrating love than hating on it because it is not a 'real' holiday?

K and I started dating in 2003 and our first Valentine's Day together was 2/14/2004 - we also made that our first trip away together and it was the first time K ever told me he loved me (in a very, very romantic and unforgettable way!). We decided to make going away (even if only for 1 night somewhere close) an annual tradition. It is one of my absolute favorite traditions that we have! It is not about red roses or expensive dinners - just the two of us going somewhere different or new, exploring and having new, fun experiences and making memories.

So far we have celebrated our V-Day's...

2004 - Savannah, Georgia
*look how young and different we look!*
Photobucket

2005 - Four Seasons Philly
*lame and didn't take in pics*

2006 - Ritz Carlton Philly
*lame and didn't take in pics*

2007 - Atlantic City, NJ
*lame and didn't take in pics*

2008 - Pheonix, Arizona
Photobucket

Photobucket

2009 - New York City
Kareem was giving me a really hard time about taking pictures all over NYC but I managed to snap a couple...

this is hysterical - the store sells wigs and the slogan says "...undetectable wigs..." haha yeah right...Photobucket

we stayed at the Sofitel ... Photobucket

these are all the flowers Kareem got me for Valentine's Day - beautiful right? Photobucket ... just kidding! those were in the Sofitel Lobby in honor Valentine's Day - I would KILL Kareem if he ever bought me flowers on Valentine's Day - total overpriced waste of $ - buy me flowers on a random Thursday know what I mean?

happy happy happy ok seriously i look so pale - uggh i hate the winter! Photobucket

cupcakes! Photobucket Kareem ate them both and didn't save me 1 bite! chomp-master

stalking Paul Smith, K's favorite Designer ... Photobucket

I hope everyone gets some V-Day love - Mabel is offering free smooches for anyone who needs them - just stop by and see us :)

Love,
A + K

1 comment:

Jessica O. said...

Awww. That is so sweet. And I totally love he tradition of going away somewhere, even if it's just for the night. That's a great idea! Hope you enjoy tomorrow!